68 - Treat Your Gut Right with Taylor Stolt
It’s time to talk about guts. Taylor is back this week to join Angela in an in-depth conversation about gut health and why it should matter to you. This episode will provide you with an understanding of the importance of the gut and walk you through how this one area of your body has a big impact on your immune system as well as your emotions.
From the Episode:
- Taylor gives us an overview on what she does as a certified LEAP therapist and how she helps clients with food sensitivities.
- Leaky Gut?! It sure sounds icky, but Taylor walks us through what it is and why we should care.
- We always provide solutions. Taylor talks us through the “Five R Protocol” which guides you through ways to remedy a leaky gut.
- Did you know the majority of your immune system is in your gut?
- Hormone imbalances are often an issue of diet or leaky gut.
- The brain and your gut have an intimate relationship.
- Your sugar addiction is often not a willpower issue. It could be the bugs in your gut.
- Hot Topic Alert: Gluten. Taylor gives a fabulous overview of how much gluten we should be consuming and how to find out what works best for your body.
- Check out Angela’s Guide - 5 Simple Ways to Lower Your Stress Today on her website at www.angelawagner.com. It will give you 5, simple, easy, and actionable steps that will get you feeling more energized in one day!
- Free Yoga Class - Download one of Angela’s 60 Minute Power Flow Classes for free at www.angelawagner.com
- Beyond the Pill by Jolene Brighten
- The Essential Oils Hormone Solution by Dr. Mariza Snider
- A Mind Of Your Own: The Truth About Depression And How Women Can Heal Their Bodies To Reclaim Their Lives with Kelly Brogan
- The test Taylor uses to measure the degree of leaky gut, as well as Celiac, gluten sensitivity, and grain sensitivity: Wheat Zoomer
- Free Trial for Taylor’s Meal Plans
Leaky gut can cause systemic disease
- Quote - "Disruption of the intestinal tight junction barrier, followed by permeation of luminal noxious molecules, induces a perturbation of the mucosal immune system and inflammation, and can act as a trigger for the development of intestinal and systemic diseases"
- Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22782113
Leaky gut can cause autoimmune disease:
- Quote - "Intestinal hyperpermeability is often found to precede autoimmune disorders and is suspected to be the means by which abnormal passage of antigens from the intestinal lumen results in an autoimmune response. "
Leaky gut can cause weight gain.
- Quote: "Recent evidence suggests a possible role of gut intestinal permeability in obesity"
- Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22902773
Leaky gut can lead to autoimmune disease, inflammation, and cancer
- Quote - "When the finely tuned zonulin pathway is deregulated in genetically susceptible individuals, both intestinal and extraintestinal autoimmune, inflammatory, and neoplastic disorders can occur."
- Study - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21248165/
Gluten causes leaky gut whether or not you have Celiac:
- Quote - "Intestinal exposure to gliadin leads to zonulin upregulation and consequent disassembly of intercellular tight junctions and increased intestinal permeability."
- Study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25734566
Connect with Angela:
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelaWagner
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/TheAngelaWagner
- Web: www.angelawagner.com
Connect with Taylor Stolt:
- Web: www.plateandcanvas.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/plateandcanvas/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/plateandcanvas
If this episode sparked something in you, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher, leave us a rating and review on iTunes, and tell your friends about us on Facebook, Instagram, or good old-fashioned word of mouth! Thanks for visiting.
*Some of the links are affiliate links, which means at no cost to you, we can earn a commission on products that you purchase. This helps us continue to run this podcast so thank you!